Location: Jijenge Youth Organization
Activity Date: 30.08.2023
Start Time: 2:00 PM End Time: 3:00 PM
Facilitators: Samantha, Ruby, Adelaide, Sophia, Paul, Kelvin,
Number of Participants: 13
Male: 5 Female: 8
Activity Purpose/ Summary:
Input in Emotions and Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
– Game with smileys which aim was to express and
– the 4 steps of NVC were explained and a personal
example was given (observation, feeling, need,
– there was room for questions
– some participants treif out there own example in
front of the group
– exercise at the end to train listening skills: pairs of
two were expressing themselves to the following
questions each person for 3 Minutes:
1. What do you feel grateful about?
2. What do you feel angry about?
3. what do you love?
The participants got a first impression on how to express
my feelings and needs in a nonviolent way.
In the feedback, the participants said that they felt more connected to one another because of the last exercise. One Person said that it was the best conversation he had in a really long time.
Jijenge Youth Initiative