Location: Korando Educational Center
Activity Date: 15.09.2023
Start Time: 4:00 PM End Time: 5:00 PM
Facilitators: Adelaide, Sophia, Paul
Number of Participants: 50
Male: 25 Female: 25
Activity Purpose/ Summary:
This life skills session at Korando Education Centre is held on a weekly basis for the purpose of enhancing and educating students on life skills that are relevant to them at that time. This weeks session was an introductory session on feelings and emotions, as well as discussing strategies to overcome and deal with comfortable and uncomfortable feelings, specifically in relation to their upcoming exams.
The session unfortunately started late so we were unable to cover everything we had planned. However the session was enjoyable for the children as well as ourselves.
The activities we planned allowed all the children to get actively involved. These activities raged from mostly a lighthearted approach to alleviate stress, and get them all smiling, moving and bonding further with one another.
– All children were very actively involved in activities and discussions
– Introduction to the topic was accomplished
– Able to distinguish the students understanding of the topic, and thus prepare next weeks session accordingly
Despite the session being cut short we were still able to give them a comprehensive introduction to the topic, that we will continue on next week.
– Friday afternoon session requires lots of activities and movement to ensure the students stay focussed and captivated
– Need to prepare for disruptions. For instance, the late start due to parent teacher
– Prepare for next weeks session with the lessons learnt today in mind
– Ensure prior to the day that there will be no major delays
Korando Education Centre