Location: Remand Home
Activity Date: 08.09.2023
Start Time: 10:00 AM End Time: 12:00 PM
Facilitators: Maxwell & Christine
Number of Participants: 15
Male: 9 Female: 6
Activity Purpose/ Summary:
The purpose of this case conference at the Remand Home was to assess and evaluate past cases and address new cases that have come forward in recent months.
I found that the meeting was incredibly valuable for all involved. It allowed for the partner organisations to garner a greater understanding of past cases and how they were formally addressed and dealt with. Moreover, this discussion also allowed for constructive feedback on how to best approach current and upcoming cases.
– Three new cases were handed out to partner organisations
– New input on how to best approach cases
– Constructive feedback on what works well and what does not
– Re-implementation of fortnightly conferences
The group was able to discuss openly with one another and offer great feedback and advice
Personal Note: incredibly informative and allowed me to deepen my own understanding of how cases are approached and knowledge of behind the scenes work that is done.
– That it is important to meet on a regular basis
– Ensure that cases are addressed quickly (especially care and protection), in order to preserve the children’s wellbeing
– Fortnightly meetings
– The organisations that were given cases to now start on probing and tracing
– Prepare information for the next conference
Soul Ve Ment