NGO Fundraising & Partnerships Internship in
NGO Social Work Internship
As part of the fundraising and partnerships team you will design and implement both traditional and innovative fundraising strategies engaging with both local and international partners. During your internship, you will learn how to design and plan a fundraising campaign, host events and annual funds, draft grants and appeals in order to address the organisation’s financial needs. You will engage with new and existing local partners to cultivate and expand our network through regular engagement with our international supporters and previous volunteers and interns. Working in close contact with the Fundraising and Partnerships Manager, other departments, and community partners, you will develop a fundraising strategy that fits our needs and vision. Furthermore, you will be responsible for creating engaging social media content and newsletters to draw the attention of our supporters to our financial needs.
Your role will be designed according to your skills, desired learning outcomes and needs of the organization.
Your tasks may include:
- Plan and implement a strategic fundraising plan according to the organisation’s financial needs
- Collect program data to design and update budgets for ongoing projects
- Draft grant proposals to major foundations and international donors
- Track and evaluate the fundraising strategy through weekly reports
- Provide quarterly updates for the organisation’s supporters
- Research and identify prospective donors
- Engage regularly with existing donors and supporters
- Prepare concept notes, appeals, proposals, reference letters, reports, newsletters, social media posts and other content essential to engage with potential and existing donors
- Draft agreements and Memoranda Of Understanding (MOUs) with community partners
- Create social media content to promote fundraising campaigns
implement and cultivate the partnership through follow up meetings
- Positive attitude towards the local culture
- Ability to work in a new and challenging environment
- Basic knowledge in marketing and finance
- Ability to manage and monitor a team
- Proficiency in English
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
Whom we are looking for
If you are a bright ambitious individual with drive to learn and grow, a great people person who appreciates individuals from all walks of life, brilliant at listening, someone that embraces challenges and thrives off the opportunity to problem solve … plus interested in developing or starting an exciting career in Africa, this could be just what you were looking for.
Where in Kenya
These adventurous and rewarding internships are located in an semi-developed laid-back community in western Kenya and whilst there can be challenges to face working in such a spot, there are also many big rewards, for the right person.
This is a beautiful place to live and work, it’s green and the air could not be fresher, and although it will be challenging and frustrating at times, the Korando Educational Center we are embedded is incredibly warm and hospitable.
You need to be ready and willing to work productively and calmly against occasional power-limitations and internet issues, local rules and ways of doing things within a different pace and enjoy immersing in respecting and learning from different cultures.
This is not a 9-5 internship.. it’s more of a lifestyle you need to be looking for. But it is also a great way to be involved in real grassroots development work in Africa.
Population: 43.18 million
Official languages: Swahili and English
Currency: Kenyan Shilling (KES)
Time zone: UTC+03:00
Fees for 2023: Year-Round
12 weeks – EUR 2,460
16 weeks – EUR 2,848
20 weeks – EUR 3,240
24 weeks – EUR 3,624
- Accommodation in our Volunteer Dome Home (max. two persons per room, shared bathroom)
- Kisumu Airport pick up & drop off
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as drinking water, coffee, tea and fruits
- Internship Mentor
- Pre-Departure Pack
- In-country supervision/support
- Optional Weekend Excursions (additional fees might apply)
- All items of personal nature such as curious, gifts, snacks, drinks and clothing
- Round-trip international airfare
- Personal insurance
- Passport and Visa fees