NGO Digital Marketing Internship in
NGO Digital Marketing Internship
As part of the digital marketing team, you are in charge of enhancing the organisation’s marketing strategy and creating regular social media content, including newsletters, blog articles, videos for Instagram and Tik Tok, posts for Instagram and Facebook, as well as taking pictures and record videos of our daily activities. During your experience, you will also learn how to design, plan, and effectively implement a social media and marketing strategy. Through weekly reports and statistics, you will evaluate the effectiveness of our promotional strategies, while also engaging with our local partners and with the different departments of the organizationto create visual and written content for our platforms. Furthermore, you will be working in close contact with our fundraising department to promote our current fundraising campaigns on social media.
Your role will be designed according to your skills, desired learning outcomes and needs of the organization.
Your tasks may include:
- Enhance the organisation’s social media and marketing strategy
- Design and implement a social media plan
- Create written content such as monthly blog posts and quarterly newsletters
- Create engaging multimedia content for Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok
- Record and edit videos of our activities
- Design manage promotional campaigns for the organisation
- Analyse the reach of marketing and social media strategies
- Continuously improve and adapt the organisation social media content with the latest trends
- Create content to increase our brand awareness
- Engage with our network of previous volunteers and interns to promote the organisation
- Positive attitude towards the local culture
- Ability to work in a new and challenging environment
- Basic knowledge of marketing and social media strategy
- Basic knowledge of photography, videography and editing tools
- Ability to manage and monitor a team
- Proficiency in English
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Passionate about creating social media content
- Creativity and a keen sense of aesthetic design
Whom we are looking for
If you are a bright ambitious individual with drive to learn and grow, a great people person who appreciates individuals from all walks of life, brilliant at listening, someone that embraces challenges and thrives off the opportunity to problem solve … plus interested in developing or starting an exciting career in Africa, this could be just what you were looking for.
Where in Kenya
These adventurous and rewarding internships are located in an semi-developed laid-back community in western Kenya and whilst there can be challenges to face working in such a spot, there are also many big rewards, for the right person.
This is a beautiful place to live and work, it’s green and the air could not be fresher, and although it will be challenging and frustrating at times, the Korando Educational Center we are embedded is incredibly warm and hospitable.
You need to be ready and willing to work productively and calmly against occasional power-limitations and internet issues, local rules and ways of doing things within a different pace and enjoy immersing in respecting and learning from different cultures.
This is not a 9-5 internship.. it’s more of a lifestyle you need to be looking for. But it is also a great way to be involved in real grassroots development work in Africa.
Population: 43.18 million
Official languages: Swahili and English
Currency: Kenyan Shilling (KES)
Time zone: UTC+03:00
Fees for 2023: Year-Round
12 weeks – EUR 2,460
16 weeks – EUR 2,848
20 weeks – EUR 3,240
24 weeks – EUR 3,624
- Accommodation in our Volunteer Dome Home (max. two persons per room, shared bathroom)
- Kisumu Airport pick up & drop off
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as drinking water, coffee, tea and fruits
- Internship Mentor
- Pre-Departure Pack
- In-country supervision/support
- Optional Weekend Excursions (additional fees might apply)
- All items of personal nature such as curious, gifts, snacks, drinks and clothing
- Round-trip international airfare
- Personal insurance
- Passport and Visa fees